All Skill Levels Welcome
About the Class
$10 Includes 2 panels of Easy Piecing Grid, quilt pattern and step by step instructions
3 choices in One class! Great scrap busters with NO strip piecing! Enjoy perfect, stable intersections. Two panels make ONE project. More EasyPiecing Grids will be available in class. Amazing 1-1.5” finished squares and tips on half square triangles!
Carmen brings her love of quilting and people together for a fun day of
earning. Enjoy her friendly, low-key approach and her great quilting techniques. She was named Teacher of the Year at HMQS.
She has taught at many quilt shows around the country including Houston Quilt Festival and Road to California. Her quilts have been featured
in Fons and Porter Scrappy Quilts and Love of Quilting, Quilter's Newsletter, and McCall's Quilting and Embroidery magazines.
Carmen has developed the Tensisters Piping Tool and Tensisters Easy
Piecing Grid. She is author and publisher of four companion books, “Ten
Quilts for Ten Sisters”, "Quilts for Kids", “Seven Brothers Block Party”,
and “Around the Block Quilts”. She has five children and eleven grandchildren and resides in Eagle Mountain, Utah with her husband Patrick.
Teaching: Scrappy Spools/ Scrappy Tree/ Tablerunner
Binding Technique & Scalloped Borders
Row Quilt Extravaganza
Scrappy Spool: 14” x 18” finished
- 1/4 yard dark or black print for spool top and bottom cut into 80- 1 1/2” squares
- 1/2 yard light or white background fabric cut into 60– 1 1/2” squares light background fabric (remaining fabric will be used for border)
- 9-10 Fat Quarters or equivalent in multi print scraps cut into 124– 1 1/2” squares
Scrappy Tree or Table Runner:
- 8 Fat Quarters Cut into - 90- 2” squares (fabrics cut as shown for tablerunner)
- 1/3 yard light background cut into 90– 2” squares (fabric cut as shown for tree)
- 8-10 Fat Quarters in contrasting fabrics cut into 52– 2” squares and make 20 HST with remaining fabric, cut to 2” squares.
- 1/4 yard Optional Border
Class Supply List
** Sewing machines provided by Dave’s Bernina
- Basic Sewing Kit
- Matching Thread
- Fabric Requirements listed above
- 1/4” Sewing machine foot (NO Guide)
- Washable Elmer’s glue stick
- Small iron and pressing surface