All Skill Levels Welcome
About the Class
**Pattern $12 and can be purchased from the instructor
This beautiful quilt consists of one block repeated and a combination of wool and cotton for the border. We will learn how to keep the points on your triangles, make a bias vine and applique wool for your border design. This is a fun scrappy quilt that uses contrast in color to make the blocks look different and give a three-dimensional feel to the overall quilt. Come prepared to learn and have fun with fabric color choice and your best friends… your sewing machine and quilty friends!
Jina has been quilting for over 32 years. Her love of the arts has taken
her around the world teaching and sharing her knowledge. Her attention
to detail has earned her a reputation among friends for her fine handcrafted items. Before her years of quilting she was a dress maker, seamstress and crafter extraordinaire. Jina owns a pattern company called
Butterfly Kisses, which features uniquely designed quilts, projects and
clothing patterns. She has been published in various magazines and
books. She teaches techniques and projects on You Tube. She is the co
-owner of Downunder Diversions, a company that focuses on quilting
and sewing events and also the co-owner of Poppie Cotton, a manufacturing company of 100% fine cotton fabrics. Her greatest support and
cheerleaders are her husband, 4 children and 5 granddaughters.
Teaching: Quilt Labels & Embroidery Embellishment
Trunk Show on Thursday Night 8 pm
- (1) Fat Quarter Bundle of (21)
- Background: 2 ¼ yards background
- 1/4 yard each of 2 wool colors for applique flowers and 1/8 yard of wool for leaves
- Applique Vine: ½ yard mint
From the Fat Quarter Bundle
- Choose (20) Fat Quarters from the Fat Quarter Bundle for blocks. Cut the following from each:
- (2) 3” squares; draw a diagonal line on the wrong side of each square.
- (12) 2 ½” squares; draw a diagonal line on the wrong side of each square.
- (4) 2 ½” x 4 ½” rectangles.
- (1) 4 ½” square.
From the remaining Fat Quarter and scraps cut the following:
- Cut (15) 3” squares from assorted prints for cornerstone HST.
From the Background Fabric (2 ¼ yards):
- Cut (3) 8 ½” x WOF strips. Sub-cut (48) 8 ½” x 2 ½” strips for sashing.
- Cut (1) 2 ½” x WOF strip. Sub-cut (1) 2 ½” x 8 ½” strip for sashing.
- Cut (6) 5 ½’’ x WOF strips for borders. Piece for length using diagonal seams. Trim the following:
- (4) 5 ½” x 52 ½” strips for side and top/bottom borders.
- Cut (5) 3” x WOF strips. Sub-cut (55) 3” squares for blocks and HST cornerstones.